CFO Solutions, Inc. provides custom financial solutions and services to clients that want and need to create value.
Our solutions are client centered and tailored to your unique needs.
Our services are delivered competently and honestly with you and your long-term goals in mind.
CFO solutions, Inc. brings almost three decades of expertise in almost every facet of business management and operation.
The company is led by Dan Anderson. Dan has an MBA and a graduate degree in banking, has been a successful small business owner since 1990. He has 18 years’ experience as a small business consultant, 8 years’ experience with a CPA and consultancy practice, 8 years’ experience as senior management of a health care entity, and is a certified human resource specialist.
The information include on this website provides a summary of his capabilities and accomplishments.
28 years business management and consulting experience, tax-exempt management, lending, consultancy, and governance.
- Expertise that includes finance, accounting, taxation, strategic planning, exit planning, marketing, turnarounds, workouts, human resources, development, and much more.
- 15 years teaching experience
- Involved in capital formation surpassing $200 million
- Strong operational skill set
- Strong enhancing revenue and streamlining operating costs
- Understands the “big picture” and how each individual piece contributes
Type of Companies:
- Back office
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Health Care
- Senior Management— Chief Financial Officer for medium sized health care clinic employing more than 360 employees. The company was financially and strategically distressed. Over the first year a turnaround plan was successfully developed and implemented. The turnaround was predicated upon two elements: overhauling the company’s business model, and understanding where they made money and where they didn’t. The company that was once on the cusp of bankruptcy was accruing six figure profitability within three years.
- Senior management experience and expertise spanning two decades. This experience includes turnarounds, growth oriented firms, and firms in a myriad of industries and development stages.
- Small business owner— since 1990 I have owned multiple small businesses. The two things each of these businesses have in common: 1) they are not in sexy industries and 2) they make money! These firms generate profits that significantly exceed industry standards. The key to success: good planning and great implementation.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Director – I spent a decade building new firms and consulting to existing firms. The Helena SBDC amassed some incredible success stories including some of the highest job creation and capital formation results in the nation.
- Volunteer Efforts – I have spent the last twenty plus years as a volunteer board member for several tax exempt organizations. The greatest value that I can bring to the table for each of these is an entrepreneurial spirit and an expectation that even tax exempt organizations need to make money. A profitable organization is a thriving organization.
- Lewis & Clark Humane Society – 2007 – 2013. Led the turnaround and restructuring of the organization. Organization has achieved operational excellence and is one of the leading animal shelters in the United States.
- Beta Factor Home care Inc – 1986 – 2013. Was involved with the development of the organization, 25 years of operations, and the eventual sale.
- MBA, Chadwick University
- Graduate Degree, Pacific Coast Banking School
- Bachelor of Science – Montana College of Mineral Science and Technology
- Certified Human Resource Specialist – Michigan State University
- Certified Business Advisor – University of Ohio Graduate School of Business
- Export and Trade Consulting Certification – Small Business Administration
Talk is cheap. But results tell the tale:
- Served more than 800 clients
- Amassed more than $200 million in capital
- Tapped into capital sources across the globe
- Saved more than 60 distressed businesses
- Created and retained more than 800 jobs, many of which are high quality jobs
- Accrued more than $1 billion in profits
- Created more than 100 new firms
- Created a dozen small business incubators
- Taught more than 1,000 entrepreneurs the art of business
- While 85% of all businesses fail, less than 24% of our clients have failed
- And, I have had fun every step along the way.
We are the sum of our knowledge and experience. I have had the great pleasure to work with and learn from some terrific businesses and entrepreneurs. Sometimes the lesson learned was what to do; sometimes what not to do. I have combined their lessons with my own experience to develop a deep and well-rounded business expertise that I continue to apply in my businesses and share with my clients.